Fairbanks Youth Advocates believes that providing assistance at critical times in the lives of young people is vital to their present and future well being, ultimately contributing to the stability and long term health of our community.
- Provide homeless, near homeless, and other marginalized youth, support to help them move towards stability, health in all its forms, and self sufficiency.
- Provide professional accredited counseling through Clearwater Counseling.
Who We Serve
Shelter services are available for youth aged 12-18. Fairbanks Youth Advocates provides its services to ALL youth regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, gender, disability, religion, or sexual orientation. We respect and honor the human dignity of all people. Under no circumstances is it required or expected that an individual believe a certain way to access or receive services. We accept all as they are, however they are.
- That as community of citizens, we bear a local responsibility to help those in need, especially young people who have for reasons beyond their control found themselves in troubling circumstances.
- That we must speak up for those who are unable to speak for themselves and advocate for the rights of the less fortunate.
- That we are most effective when we partner with like-minded agencies, without duplication of services; allowing one another to be and do that which we are uniquely tasked to do.
- We Believe . . .
- “Doing” defines our true beliefs. (1 John 3:18)
- All people have the right to be loved & treated with respect and dignity. (1Corinthians 13, 1 Peter 2:17)
- Do unto others as we would have done unto us. (Matthew 7:12)
- God requires of us to love mercy, act justly and walk humbly. (Micah 6:8)
- To whom much is given, much is expected. (Luke 12:48)
Not For Profit
Fairbanks Youth Advocates is the federally recognized 501c3 non-profit organization governed by a board of directors under which Clearwater Counseling functions as a division:
- Clearwater Counseling (nonprofit agency dedicated to providing quality therapeutic counseling services to Fairbanks and the surrounding area and will offer family counseling, and mediation and reconciliation services to youth and their families)