These items we need for our temporary shelter.
We love creativity! If you have any fun ideas of things to donate, let us know!
If you have items to donate, please contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (907) 378-5975. If you have items from the list, please drop them off directly at 547 7th Ave. which is the address for First Presbyterian Church. Items can be left between the two sets of double doors, near the office. Thank you!
Current Most Needed Items: socks, soups, Easy Mac n Cheese, canned soup/ravioli, add-water juice drink mixes, peanut butter/cheese crackers, , fruit cups, spoons, .
Current Youth Requests: mens belts (2), hoodies xl/2xl, mens t-shirts m – 2xl
- Microwaveable, non-perishable meals such as:
- Top Ramen type noodle cups
- individual tuna cracker packs
- microwave mac & cheese cups
- canned meals with peel-off tops
- microwaveable soup
- Non-perishable snack foods like:
- bottled water or Gatorade type drinks (non caffeinated)
- drink mixes (“just add water” type – pitcher/gallon size is good!)
- fruit chews
- beef jerky
- individually wrapped snacks
- cookies & crackers
- single portion peanut butter
- As well as limited fresh food (vegetables, fruit, bread) – email email@example.com to inquire before dropping off fresh food!
- gorilla type shelving (heavy metal garage-type shelving)
- clear storage containers of all sizes: small, medium and large
- mini flashlights
- $10.00 – gift cards for Fred Meyer, Safeway, Walmart, etc.
Personal Care Items:
- Deodorant (guys)
- Brushes & Combs
Clothing: *nearly all of our shelter guests have been males
- boot socks
- thick wool socks
- thermal underwear – guys
- guys boxer shorts – all sizes (new)
- women’s underwear – all sizes (new)
- xl/xxl long sleeve and short sleeve tees and hoodies
- gloves (esp mens)
This list shows the items still needed for the emergency shelter called “the Door” that will open fall of 2013. We have received many contributions of furniture and we’re very grateful to the community for this support. Due to the generosity, our storage unit is completely full and at this time we are not able to take any more furniture. If you have any non-furniture items to donate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (907) 378-5975 for drop off information.
Please see other ideas for giving under the Be An Advocate tab above.
- working vehicle
- shoes or gift certificates so youth can be taken shopping for shoes
- case of 10 reams of paper
- pencils, pens, tape, stapler, 3 whole punch, paper cutter
- lamps and lights (2)
- dressers (6)
- lamps and lights (6)
- blankets, multiple
- bedding for twin size bunk beds (new)
- cooking utensils
- microwave (1)
- food storage containers
baking sheets/cake pans
1 set mixing bowls
2 sets mixing cups and spoons
1 knife set
8 each spoons, forks, butter knives
- picnic table for outside