How to Get Involved
Groups of volunteers offer tremendous assistance when a major task is undertaken, like cleaning, sorting donations, yard work, making food bags, etc. These are perfect opportunities for youth groups, church groups, school groups, family groups, or others to join in collectively and make their mark. If your group would like to volunteer, please contact us.
The volunteers who give of their time to Fairbanks Youth Advocates are an essential part of making us successful. They help us meet the needs of the kids we serve. We can always use a little help with a variety of tasks that vary with the season. If you would like to help with office tasks, maintenance, gardening, organizing, running errands or other ideas you may have, please contact us.
Serve on the Board
Board of Directors
Fairbanks Youth Advocates is currently seeking to expand our board with passionate and skilled individuals who share the desire to help the homeless, runaway and at-risk youth in the Interior Alaska Community.
Although not limited to these skill sets, these are some of the experience we are seeking to grow our board.
- Business leadership
- Justice, public safety
- Website management and Graphic Design
The documents below will inform you of that process and offer information about what that involves. Please read through the documents and send your application to Marylee Bates.
Do you have a professional skill or desire to help that would contribute to one of our committees? We could use some assistance with following committees. Email Sarah Finnell for more information.
- All aspects of fundraising from networking to event planning
- Design, graphics, website management
- Photographer or videographer for fundraisers and special events
- Planning, logistics, coordination, helping hands
Buildings & Maintenance
- Skills in aspects of building, maintenance, repair, construction
We are so grateful for YOU who pray for us. Thank you for praying and interceding on our behalf and on behalf of the kids and families we work with.
- Pray for us, pray with us, pray when and how you can.
We know how important prayer is to what we do!
- Pray for us at home, in your church, or with your family.
- Come walk through The Door and pray for us here.
(Call 374-5678 to schedule a time.)
Your prayers are so appreciated!
- that when they are in need – they would have the courage to choose to come to The Door
- they would know they are worth loving
- they would know they are a gift to the community
- they would receive what they need and never be the same
- they would not believe the lie that life isn’t worth living
- they would not believe the lie that no one cares
- they would chose life
- that they can relax, and rest, and feel His peace
- healing & restoration
- reconciliation wherever possible
- protection from pressures and temptations
- soften the hearts of the parents toward the children and the children toward the parents
- help us to be Jesus to the kids
- help us to listen deeply
- help us to hear and see what the real needs are
- help us to have a united voice
- help us to be nonjudgemental
- that we would not grow weary
- that we would remember we need to take care of ourselves
- Employees: We are currently praying for a house parent. This is a live-in position. The job description is on our website.
- lighthouse shelter from the storm
- beacon of light
- safe place for all
Employment at FYA
Fairbanks Youth Advocates is seeking committed, passionate, caring individuals who support our mission, align with our purpose, and desire to help meet the needs of homeless and at-risk youth in Alaska’s Interior.
- We are currently accepting applications for a live in Youth Mentor position. Email resume and cover letter to Kelli@fairbanksyouthadvocates.org.
- We are currently accepting applications for an Evening worker (full time, 4-midnight, Wednesday to Sunday) and a Night shift worker (Midnight to 8:00a.m., Thursdays through Sundays, 32 hrs./ week.)
National & Community Service
FYA actively recruits and employs those who have completed a national service program. We receive HMIS funding to provide services for individuals and families experiencing homelessness or near-homelessness. read more >>
- Marylee Bates
- Dave Bates, LPC, ABCST, Clearwater Counseling, Clinical Director
- Deidre Larson, Business & Morning Office Manager
- Sarah Auger, Clearwater Afternoon Office Manager
Program Director & Staff Supervisor
- Kelli Boyle
Youth Advocates (front line staff))
- Hannah Wing
- Stacy Taylor
- David Blancarte
- Brandy Saylor
- Alnise Wyles
- Angel Smiley
- Ali Sweet