Help for Teens
All youth ages 12-18 are welcome at The Door
Need a place to stay tonight?
Are you age 12-18?
Come to The Door, 138 10th Ave. Open 24/7
If you’re having trouble at home, running away may feel like the only way to escape. Most teens who run away do so because they are facing a problem that feels too difficult to handle alone. If you’re thinking of running away, have a friend who is, already have, or if you don’t have a place to stay – we are here for you! We can help you stay safe while you are out of your home.
For help, information, or a ride to The Door
Frequently Asked Questions
What will happen when I get there?
- You’ll be are greeted at the door by a staff member.
- When you arrive, we’ll sit down with you and ask you questions like:
- What is your name?
- How old are you?
- Who can we call in case of an emergency?
- Do you need a ride to school?
- You can have access to:
- information about other resources in the community,
- an area to hang out and read, study, play games, or talk,
- clothes, personal items, and warm winter gear,
- You may read, sleep, eat, shower, play games, or talk until lights out.
- If you’re in school, we’ll arrange a ride for you.
Still have questions? Call us at 374-5678 or text 371-9595
Other Fairbanks Resources
Fairbanks has a drop-in center for youth located at 605 Hughes St. down near 30th and Cushman. The Street Outreach and Advocacy Program, SOAP, is open Monday thru Friday from 2-6pm, but staffed from 9am-6pm. https://www.facebook.com/SOAPfna/ Their phone number is 374-9913.
Careline Crisis Intervention is there when you are feeling like life isn’t worth living. They are a great to talk to! Calls are confidential. Call 452-4357 in Fairbanks, or toll-free statewide at 877-266-4357 or 800-273-8255. Their website also offers live chat help.